Circle Of Trust

 
Hey Peeps

So lately I have been spending quite a lot of time thinking about friendship, you know the true friendships we have women to women. The friendships that we have that tight circle of trust in, the ones that see us exactly for what we are- our true selves, our vulnerable sides etc.

Our true friends see us at our worst, they see us when we are broken and lying on the ground, they know when to set us straight, they will give us some very hard truths, they deliver those truths knowing that it may hurt us, but it’s done with intentions of kindness, reality and filled with love. These friends also see us when we are our best, when we are full of happiness, they know us well and they know and understand what brings us happiness the most.

There have been times where my friends have proven to know me better than I know myself.  Sometimes our circle of trust can change/alter, sometimes it can grow, other times it shrinks- unfortunately that’s just how life works.  

I get great comfort out of knowing that the girls in my circle of trust are always there for me and in all of my days, whether they be my best ones or my worst ones. These girls have my back and they support me, cheer me on, and always answer my call or text no matter what time of day it is or what I am going through.

I am so proud to have these strong women as my friends, they lift me up and all of them have helped make me who I am today, and they will continue to do so tomorrow and every other day. They are part of me and I am part of them.

Friendship can have a major impact on your health and well-being, friendships are good for your health, friend’s help you celebrate good times and provide support during the bad times. Friends prevent loneliness, increase your sense of belonging and purpose, boost your happiness and reduce your stress, improve your self-confidence and self-worth, help you with traumas, they can encourage you to change or avoid unhealthy lifestyle habits.

It’s only recently I have really sat down and really thought about the impact that my friends have had on my life and all that they do for me personally, I just want you girls to know that does get noticed, and thank you- I am truly grateful and absolutely honoured to be able to call each one of you my friends- you’re the best bunch I could ever have wished for.

I hear and see a lot of people spend time worrying about not having a lot of friends, well let me reassure you it is not about quantity at all- it’s about quality. You want to hold on to those quality ones, they will be there for you through the thick and thin and that what you need from a good friendship.  

I also hear a lot of people say that they find it hard and struggle to maintain friendships. Friendship involves give-and-take, sometimes you can be the one giving the support and other times you are on the receiving end. It’s extremely important to let your friends know that you care about them and appreciate them- this will help strengthen your bond. It’s just as important for you to be a good friend as it is for you to surround yourself with good friends

My friends and I are always kind to one another; we always listen and take the time to find out what is going on in each other’s lives, we are open with each other, we trust each other, we make ourselves available for each other. One thing I have noticed of late is that we help each other manage our nerves and anxiety- at times I have found myself in bad social situations, wanting to stay at home, hide aware from the world and talk to no one, My friends have personally changed my minds thinking/thoughts and helped me realise that these bad feelings do pass and until they do pass, I can handle those thoughts. You need your friends just as much as they need you.  

It’s never too late in life to build new friendships or reconnect with old friends. If you invest time in making friends and strengthening your current friendships, it can definitely provide you with a better state of mind, better health and a much brighter outlook on life for years to come.

I’m sorry that I have rambled on about friendship in this blog post, however it is something I have been thinking about a lot lately and I do believe that it is something each and every one of you reading this, can relate to in one way or another. So find your tribe and then love them hard.
Friends are the family members we choose for ourselves.
 

Thanks for reading


Lau

X





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everybody has a swimsuit body!

The curse of internet trolls!

My Response to Fat Shaming