Hello my Lovelies,💓
Happy Easter! Hope you are all having a fabulous day and enjoying the sunshine.
I realise that I have been super slack lately and I apologise for this, life has been super busy. But I am back so look out… Ha!
Something that has really been grinding me down lately is how people see and talk about cellulite. Cellulite is natural and normal and the society that we live in needs to learn to be more accepting of it.
I always used to take lots of pictures of myself and then look at them and be angry/ upset of how I looked and then not post them because of things like my cellulite- it was always on my mind by why should it be?

I have now realised that I am so much more than cellulite, I am so much more than my back fat or my belly rolls. It is 100% natural and normal for everyone to have cellulite. It needs to stop being seen as ugly and stop being spoken about as if it is disgusting. I get that everyone wants smooth perfect skin but we all need to accept the reality that it is just not real.
I think I have had cellulite since I was about 10, which again is normal. I understand you are not going to change your mind set over night and all of a sudden love it, but please at least give it a try. I’m still learning to love it and not hate it, it’s a very slow road to self-love but it is the best thing you can do for your confidence and for your mental health.

Women, men, everyone need to accept reality when it comes to their bodies to be able to achieve self-love for themselves.  There seems to be so much pressure on young girls & boys today to look a certain way rather than embrace how they actually look, everything is photo shopped which really annoys me, the modern day beauty standards is ridiculous!

I personally refuse to use any kind of photo shop, any re-touching or any filters on my pictures and I am actually proud of myself for being able to share pics like this with you, my followers! I’m not ashamed at all for the way I look.
So ladies and gents please remember it is okay to have cellulite and it is okay to love yourself regardless of your size, height, race etc.
Do you struggle with loving your cellulite? Do you struggle with self-love? Get in touch and tell me, I would love to know.

Thanks for reading



Laura xx

 Instagram – Perks_of_being_laura





Comments

  1. Thanks for the constant inspiration ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a big guy myself, I always embrace who I am. I love how you make it a positive and it should be, everyone should embrace the body they have no matter what it looks like.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everybody has a swimsuit body!

The curse of internet trolls!

My Response to Fat Shaming