A brief Introduction

Hey Guys

As you may already know from the “about me” section I'm Laura, I'm 29 and I live in Wales. I am a plus size girl who loves fashion, beauty, travelling, reading, music, cooking, socializing and many other things. I have PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome), and also feel very strongly about mental health - having experienced it first hand. 

One of the sole purpose's of my blog is for me to explore the best places to purchase clothes for plus sized women - clothes that are affordable, comfortable and somewhat fashionable. I am looking forward to sharing all my beauty secrets and must-have essentials. 

I love to travel and sight see, I am always somewhere discovering something new. I am travelling abroad on a family holiday in a few weeks, and intend to share my experience of finding holiday outfits, swimwear, footwear, skin care (including Sun protection), makeup, jewellery, hair care, books that i will be reading and I may even share my favourite music and/or my current playlist.

I am a very girly girl, so if you don't like pretty dresses, painted nails, make up and skin care bargains, girly accessories, glitter, shoes and hand bags then my blog is not the place for you. This will be a very girly blog, filled to the brim with all those things, which I feel really passionate about...


I like to class myself as a realist - I know I am overweight, I know I could eat a lot better, I know I could exercise more - however, I am very comfortable in my skin and love my curves. I don't constantly eat unhealthy foods, I do participate in regular exercise and I generally consider myself to be fit and healthy. I have tried to diet and exercise a lot over the years, and it just doesn't work for me, I seem to get myself into a state of misery with it all. It’s just not worth it for me, instead I have embraced my body as it is, and I couldn't be happier.

I’d like to mention that I have not always been body positive. In fact, I have always been quite ashamed of the extra weight I carry, until recently, when I started discovering some of the online, plus size bloggers. They really are quite inspirational and magnificent women - they encourage you to love yourself regardless of your size, they prove that fashion and beauty is not restricted by the way you look, or how big you are. Following these women, and watching them celebrate their size, will really help you to own your own body confidence - I now own mine. 


Below are a few names of the girls that have inspired me...and I highly recommend that if you haven't already, you go check out their blogs, instagrams etc.


-whatlauraloves @whatlauraloves
-iskra @iskra
-Isha @pic-pixie
-Hollie @prettyigbutterflies
-Nancy @sugardarlingblog
-Georgina @georinegrogan_
-Rebecca @theplussideofme


If I had to pick one of the above as my favourite, I would choose whatlauraloves. Her love for beauty never ceases to amaze me, she loves to wear bold clothes, and her knowledge of cosmetics is enough to last me the rest of my life. Laura also seems to be completely down to earth, and takes the time to reply to all of her support network - everything about her page is great and she's a great role model. I urge you to check her out now!
I am going to wrap up my very first post very swiftly, as I can't wait to get stuck into my next...which is where I intend to concentrate on more specific topics, one at a time. 

 
Feel free to comment below, ask any questions and please feel free to follow me on social media:-
 
Instagram - @Perks_of_being_Laura
Snapchat- laurawalsh2012
Twitter- @perksofbeingLa1
Or, email me and I will get back to you as soon as I can on Perksofbeinglaura01@gmail.com.

I cant wait to hear your responses to this blog and am looking forward to embarking on this plus sized fashion & beauty adventure with you all!

Talk soon

Lau X
 


 




Comments

  1. Laura that’s a fantastic start well done very proud to know you Lynda xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura look forward to reading everything u write.u are a beautiful girl inside and out xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everybody has a swimsuit body!

The curse of internet trolls!

My Response to Fat Shaming